Monday, January 13, 2014

What Does The Fox Say?

I talked about using an older Scraptastic Club kit with a school theme in a recent post, and I'd like to share the last two layouts that I made with the leftovers. I thought it would be neat to scrap about the fun we are having with Brandon's homeschool art curriculum. We couldn't resist drawing a fox because Brandon's been obsessed with that song, "What Does The Fox Say"?

I took Instagram photos of our finished art, and used a lovely die cut from Two Peas In A Bucket for the title. The gold stars came from my homeschool stash, I thought they went perfectly with the title.

I wanted to include a few more pictures, so I grabbed a pocket page and filled it with the last few bits and pieces from the kit. The die cut made me laugh and I just had to use it. We are proud homeschool nerds over here. That word isn't offensive... it's a compliment! 


I find drawing and coloring extremely relaxing. I've been known to color with my kids in their coloring books from time to time. What's your favorite non-scrappy way to relax?

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are fabulous!! I am loving the colors and his ART is AMAZING!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous! I love everything about this. What a great way to document his art.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great colors!
Great IG shots as well! They look like you copied and shrunk down the actual artwork instead of being just a picture of them!

Debbie P said...

Ah, love it! Makes me smile! Fabulous job Heather!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute way to document your art projects.

Ashley Horton said...

Great layout to document the art work, Heather!! Love the Gold Star cut file for your title!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the drawings. I like to try new recipes.

Mitra Pratt said...

oh oh oh! I love that gold star you used! I do agree, I love that song! It makes me happy! So fun to see what you guys are making during the day! I know it has it's hard parts but you really show us the fun side! ;-)

Sharon Fritchman said...

You did such an amazing job with your "leftovers" from the kit! I absolutely love how you scrapped what you made, and I love the creative title, too! Thanks for sharing! And I hope you are feeling better, too! Take care!!!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

I absolutely LOVE this way of documenting the art work. Perfect page and perfect way to get in those leftovers too. Super! His artwork is sooo good.

Ange said...

Those papers are perfect! Super fun pages and I love the art!!