Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baby Boy Withdrawals: Scrapbooking Side Effect?

I really, really miss having a little one in the house. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have the kids be older and more independent. I just miss the sweet cuddles, and time spent rocking them in the recliner late at night. I am not planning on having any more kids, but man... these photos I dug up sure make me sentimental.

The supplies for these two pages came from another Scraptastic Club kit that was several years old. I'm stash-busting big time. (Still in my "use it or lose it" mentality.) If I come across something that I know I won't use, I give it away. If it's something I'm not sure about, I'm tossing it on my desk and trying to find a way to use it. If I can't, I'm getting rid of it! 

Brandon adored his exersaucer when he was tiny. When he started teething, there was SO much to chew on. It made him a happy little dude. He would start jumping up and down in excitement while he chewed.

Circle_Wild Animal_My Mind's Eye_Scrapbook Layout_Baby
Brandon also loved being outside. I couldn't even go outside for a second to take the trash out without him pressing his face to the glass screen door. He always wanted to go with me, it was pretty hilarious. As a scrapbooker, of course I had to take a picture!

Little Boy_Outside_Funny_Scrapbook Page_Plane

I'm drawing a blank lately on .SVG file ideas. I'm taking suggestions! Particular titles, themes? Do you want more cards for pocket scrapping? Let me know, and I'll see what I can design. I sold my Cricut last week and I'm planning to upgrade to the Silhouette in a month or two. I'm hoping to use more die cuts on my pages and the machine I had wasn't working for my needs anymore.

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love these!!!! LOVING the colors, the stories and the animals on that first one!! And I know what you mean ... I miss the babies too!!!!! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable layouts! It sounds like you need to borrow a baby from a friend. It'd be a win-win: cuddle time and late night rocking for you, and a welcome break for the mom and dad!

Laurie Leahey said...

I'm in a use it or lose it mentality too. Feels good to just get rid of stuff that I don't know why I'm keeping. Also, that second layout is AWESOME.

Debbie P said...

Both of these are fabulous! Great job in your stash busting routine! And I know what you mean about missing little ones. The kids are growing so fast and I miss the things they liked to do when they were younger. I'm hearing a lot of, "that's for kids" lately!

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable little boy pages, Heather!! And how cute is that photo on your second layout!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Like you, I need to stash-bust. Unlike you, I don't miss having babies in the house! LOL!
But those baby layouts are super cute! Loving the mix of turquoise and red!

Cindy Gay said...

Sweet pages

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness, Heather! I absolutely love both of these layouts! I can certainly see why you have "baby boy withdrawal" after making these amazing, creative, and adorable layouts. The photos are so darn cute!!!!!

Darlene said...

Heather - Looks like we need a "Sneaux Day" title or something!

Ange said...

Oh these are both so adorable! I love scrapping the older photos for those same reasons.
I love the way you framed your layouts. I need to make myself do some use it or lose it.

Nancy Keslin said...

ah, I miss baby Brandon as well. so sweet. great layouts.