Tuesday, January 7, 2014

An Interview With A Hippopotamus Rider?

I have more scrappy content to post later this week, but I just had to share the coolest thing that happened a few months ago. Jordan and I were interviewed about New Heights Therapy Center in Folsom, LA where she does her hippotherapy! Our quotes and some pictures are in this article: "Reaching New Heights".

I do not like to be photographed, and a lot of my friends tease me that there are never pictures of me on my blog. I really didn't want to be interviewed on camera, but Jordan wanted to do it SO badly that I ended up agreeing to do the interview. I was very nervous and I had a total Ricky Bobby (Talladega Nights) moment where I didn't know what to do with my hands, but the interviewer and videographer were totally professional and I forgot to be nervous.



I sound completely Southern, but I managed not to say "ummm" or "like" so I'm counting it as a win. How cute is Miss J though? The part about her thinking she was going to ride a hippo... that was so true and it was a hilarious conversation. She's always been entertaining!

So there you go. Now you have something even better than photos and y'all can't fuss at me anymore for not posting pictures of myself.

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Heather! Thank you so much for making my day by sharing the wonderful and heartwarming video with us! Yes, the video maker was totally professional and very creative, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I just loved that!! And you both were just AWESOME!!!!!!

Debbie P said...

OMG, this made me laugh and cry. What an amazing place and program! You did fabulous as did Jordan. She is an awesome speaker. You should be very proud! tfs

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are so very beautiful, Heather, just like those kids & the New Heights people. :-D. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this video! How wonderful! You and Jordan both did a great job, as did the other kids and parents.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow! How did I miss this?!
Great, great video!
You and Little Miss J did a wonderful job!
And now when I read your blog posts and FB statuses I'll read them in your voice! ;0)