Thursday, January 9, 2014

All Instagram All The Time: The Homeschool Edition

I recently looked through my stash and realized that I had another old kit from Scraptastic Club languishing in a bin. It looked lonely, so I decided to take it out and use it. I've really been in a purging mood lately. It's not just the new year either, I've been throwing things out or using them since last summer. I've decided if it's not something I'll use... out it goes! I suppose in my own way I'm running a use it or lose it challenge from my stash.

I also printed a ton of Instagram photos at Walgreens. When I realized that they offer an app to print directly from Instagram, I almost did a happy dance. I'd been formatting them and printing at home and it took a lot of time. 

On my first page, I paired four square pictures with the school themed kit and scrapped about our homeschool field trip. Ronnie and I took the kids bowling, and Jordan was super excited to see that they had a ramp so she could bowl too. She was even happier when she won a game. I love it when we can adapt things so she can participate with the other kids.

Instagram Scrapbook Page_Homeschool Field Trip
The next project includes photos of Brandon taking this year's curriculum out of the box. He was very happy to begin homeschool, and he was so curious to see what he would be learning that he climbed up on the kitchen table to dig in the box. 

I pulled out my Cricut to cut some adorable die cut files that I bought from Two Peas In A Bucket. They were perfect for the story I wanted to tell. (The Cricut is another thing that I need to use more. It's just a pain to pull out and hook up to my computer.) I added star rub ons from my stash and splashes of mist to finish the design. 

Homeschool_Curriculum_Scrapbook Page_Instagram
I also managed to create two more layouts and a companion page with the remainder of the kit, so those projects will be posted soon. I'm planning some .svg freebies as well, so stick around!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and love love love the globe on the second one!!!!

Debbie P said...

Both of these are fabulous! I love the design of both!

Cindy deRosier said...

Super cute! I love the rounded corners, the little bit of misting, the color scheme - everything!

Mitra Pratt said...

Super cool Heather! I certainly understand how pulling something out to use can be tedious! See how much stitching I have on my pages!

Love your pages, thanks for sharing! your posts always make me Happy!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Love the colorful embellies and PPs against the kraft paper!
And good for you for purging your stash! I NEED to do that but I hate throwing scrapping stuff away! No matter how old!

Ashley Horton said...

Love these pages Heather!! Great grid design with the IG photos on your first page and I love the cut files on your second page!!

Monique Liedtke said...

LOVE your pages!! I still have so many of the Scraptastic kits waiting to be scrapped, but as I love them so much I have a hard time starting, lol! Seeing your pages makes me want to get started straight away! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow these layouts are amazing!!! I absolutely love them!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

I super duper love these designs. What GREAT pages!