Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wedded Bliss: Wedding Themed Scrapbook Page

Before I say anything else, I have to tell y'all that this layout is totally not my usual style. I felt like a wedding themed page called for a feminine, dainty look. So I went completely out of my comfort zone into what will forever be known (to me) as "Prima Land". I distressed paper and inked it half to death. I also used flowers, bling, lace, and the color pink all on one project. It almost killed me, but here's the final design.

Wedding Scrapbook Page_Aunt_Bling_Flower_Prima

The photos are from my Aunt's wedding in 2012, and the Bo Bunny paper from the last My Creative Scrapbook kit I purchased worked really well. I actually had these pictures in mind when I bought it and I'm glad I was able to pull it off. Do you have a color that you find challenging to use on your layouts? I'd love it if you would share your tips for using your least favorite color with me.

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

"prima land" scares me too ... I totally get that! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos, the colors and the flowers!!! Purple is a hard color for me to scrap ... but I just have to force myself sometimes! :)

Debbie P said...

This is awesome! It's good to move out of your style once in awhile. It's absolutely gorgeous! Hope your family had a great Christmas, and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so pretty. love your frilly, girly, layout.

Cindy Gay said...

You're back! Love the layout and photos of your aunt's wedding! Challenging "color"--probably pink. Good with spring flowers, I guess!

Cindy deRosier said...

Prima Land is very scary! You did a great job! Totally not your usual style, but you'd never know from looking at the LO.

LisaDV said...

Beautiful layout.

I just found your site from a pinterest pin and ended up downloading several of your designs for my silhouette. They are amazing. I can't wait to use them, especially the bookworm cards!!!
Thanks so much.

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous layout!! I use pink a lot, but I'm not really about the lacy/flowers/prima land stuff...so I definitely get how hard it is to use that! You definitely pulled it off + it looks great :)